Moving is a new chapter in many lives. This creates a chance to start fresh, explore, and create memories; inevitably leaving us with the need to feel integrated into our new community. Luckily, in Lakewood Ranch there are many activities and groups for moms and kids to join.
You and your family will feel right at home in no time!
1. Lakewood Ranch Moms Group, Inc.- This community allows local moms to get together and create memorable experiences with other members, kids, and the community. They partake in activities such as exploring museums with their kids and attend meetings called Moms’ Nights Out, were local moms can gather and create friendships. More than that, this group gives back to the community through a variety of service projects.
See more information here- http://lwrmomsgroup.com/
2. Tiny Treble Makers- This local business offers music classes for kids 5 years and younger. At Tiny Treble Makers they have different class semesters to choose from, creating an environment where your kids can connect with others for the long haul. This would be the perfect activity for kids to make new friends and learn music in an enjoyable setting.
See more information here- http://www.tinytreblemakers.com/index.html
3. Little Red Hen Creative Studios- This studio offers endless creative workshops and parties for all ages! If you’re out with the kids there is no need to make an appointment. They are available during all hours allowing you to drop in last minute. Not only does this studio have classes for kids, but also for adults. Join them for ladies night, date night, mixed media madness, wood sign making, and much more. It could be an excellent way to meet locals and unleash your creative side.
See more information here- http://littleredhenart.com/
4. Lakewood Ranch Music on Main- Sometimes the outdoors, walking, and music are just the things we need. The Lakewood Ranch community hosts a main street activity called Music on Main. On the first Friday from 6-9 PM there will be a free concert and block party for all. It includes food, drinks, rides, and other activities for kids. This would be a pleasant activity for the family to engage with the neighborhood.
See more information here- https://lakewoodranch.com/event/music-on-main/
5. Lakewood Ranch Cinemas- Going to the local cinema is a great way to entertain your kids and yourself. There’s no better way to unwind than becoming captured into a story. Check out some upcoming films, grab some popcorn, and you’re off to a good day! This cinema is also right on Main Street, so you can make a day out of it by shopping or grabbing some nearby ice cream and coffee afterwards.
See more information here- https://filmsociety.org/
6. Fish Hole Miniature Golf Lakewood Ranch- Miniature golf is a classic favorite among all. This would be a fun activity to do with the kids or a night out with the gals. The 18 hole course at Fish Hole Miniature Golf Lakewood Ranch is surrounded by koi ponds, with the option to feed the fish. Spending time at this golf course is the perfect way to experience the tropical nature of Florida by being surrounded around native Florida plants. If you’re worried about the heat, don’t be! They provide misters throughout to keep you and your family cool.
See more information here- https://www.thefishhole.com/
7. Sarasota Polo at Lakewood Ranch- Starting this December 15th, every Sunday afternoon the Sarasota Polo Club at Lakewood Ranch will be open to everyone. Many families bring a picnic and watch the ongoing excitement of the polo players! They have food, drinks, and entertainment. This would be a great way for you and your kids meet new folks in the area! It might even become a family tradition each Sunday.
See more information here- https://www.sarasotapolo.com/
When it comes down to it, it is not hard to find fun activities in Lakewood Ranch that are perfect for moms and kids! There are many parks, malls, groups, clubs, and much more that will satisfy any family living in the area. Lakewood Ranch is a welcoming community always striving to create inclusive activities. If you want to learn more about the community feel free to contact Joan Kavanaugh Lakewood Ranch Realtor.